Having a Website that looks like it was written by an SEO Copywriting Expert
If you have spent any time on the Web, then you know that it is a vast and varied world. With just the click of the mouse and a few keywords, you can find information on virtually every topic in existence. That said if you are a business owner, then you want to take steps to ensure you rank high in the search results, should someone do a search using the keywords for your business. This is best accomplished through using SEO or hiring a SEO copywriting provider.
What does a SEO Copywriter do?
An SEO copywriter understands what is necessary to make your website be found. By employing SEO copywriting methods, your site will rank high in the search engine results. So what are those SEO copy writing methods? Here is a brief overview of the steps taken.
• Develop a list of keywords. These keywords may be derived by you, from talking to friends, or by research you or your SEO copywriter does.
• If you have no idea what keywords would be for you site, you can also use tools like the Google AdWords Tool, Free Keywords.com or SEObook.com.
• Optimize your site by using these keywords. This is what your SEO copywriting provider can help you with through articles, the written content, photo captions and other web elements.
• Keep in mind that copywriting for SEO is geared toward people, not machines.
Doing SEO Copywriting: Optimizing Your Website
SEO copywriting, unfortunately, is not an exact science but rather it is more of a carefully crafted art. However, there are some steps that you or an SEO copywriter can take. Here are 10 steps from author Steven Holzner of Small Business Websites Made Easy that are necessary in building a search engine optimized website.
1. Put your keywords in a <meta> tag with the name attribute set to keywords. You are allowed 200 – 240 characters for this.
2. Have a description of your of your page in a <meta> element with the name set to “description”. This has a limit of 240 characters/spaces. However, don’t just stuff keywords in your text. You want to stay between 3% and 5%.
3. Use keywords in your title, in headings and in the body of your webpage(s). Be sure to use the appropriate <meta> tag.
4. If your site has multiple pages, be sure that the pages are linked to each other.
5. From time to time, have some of your keywords <bold> or <strong> to add emphasis. You may also wish to attract the attention of search engine robots. Be sure that your pages are not gear your pages specifically to the robots, though as this can actually lower your page rank.
6. Select a domain that includes your most important keywords.
7. Be sure your page loads quickly; pages that are slow are unlikely to be indexed.
8. Have a sitemap and be sure it has an easy link trail to every location on your site.
9. Include an About Us page on your site and ensure that your entire site’s pages link to the Homepage.
10. Do not have identical pages but different URLs if you have more than one site for your business.
These are just a smattering of the SEO copywriting techniques you will want to follow. If you are unable to implement these elements, or perhaps do not have the time, talk to Write Away Copywriting, an SEO copywriting, to learn more.
Additional Reading about SEO Copywriting