While there are many people out there who do not see the value of social media, as a business owner one cannot overlook its use. Of course, for social media to truly effective, knowing a few basics about how to make the most of it is important. These 16 tips will help make using social media easier and more effective.
- Always be sure the content is interesting.
- Don’t be afraid to post a controversial topic that is appropriate to your industry. Just be ready to defend/explain your position.
- Remember that most people prefer pictures to lengthy text. In fact, 65% of people are visual learners.
- While numbers are important on social media, keep in mind that engagement is even better.
- Be sure to occasionally signpost (link back) to your website via your social media pages.
- Ask questions and then listen to the answers.
- Be sure that your company profile is completely filled out, and that you have used keywords in the description.
- Don’t be afraid to try Pinterest – it’s not just a place for recipes, crafts and home decor ideas!
- Don’t begin Tweets with @whoever as this limits who can see the tweet. Rather, type it as .@whoever (note the period) as this allows everyone to see the tweet.
- Schedule posts on Twitter, just before or just after the hour.
- Keep up with the changes on Facebook—especially those that pertain to business accounts.
- Be sure that your full street address is on Facebook, so that people are able to check in.
- Be careful about what you say to people, and don’t bad mouth competition, it’s just poor business.
- Facebook and Pinterest, in addition to YouTube, are great venues for posting videos about what your company has to offer, be sure you are using them all.
- Post coupons on your social sites—it builds interest and income.
- Don’t over socialize…it is not necessary to be on every social media platform. Choose 3 or 4 that will suit your needs and put your efforts into those.
Social media is a great platform for business, so be sure you are not overlooking its power and potential. Do the posts yourself or hire someone to do it for you, but whatever you do, do not ignore it.
Everywhere you look these days you are either hearing or seeing references to Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Google Buzz or an assortment of social media sites. After all, with life as busy as it is, getting together with a group of your friends is often a difficult thing to accomplish. However, with the popularity of social media sites-especially those like Facebook, you can not only catch with who live locally, but with friends and family you have not seen for many years.
In addition to playing a large role in how we connect with each other, Facebook, Twitter and other social sites have become a favorite advertising spot for companies of every size. Whether it is Coca-Cola or the mom and pop computer store downtown, people everywhere are making use of the far reaching power of social media site, and when you add in the potential websites like YouTube, the numbers are even greater.
When promoting your website and business, experts agree that along with well-used and maintained SEO practices, one of the best ways to promote your business is with social media sites. If you have not already learned to use these tools, then take a few moments to do so. It will take time to build a following, but the potential for profit and an increase in customers is worth the time it takes to learn. You can make your pages as basic or elaborate as you want, offer special “web-only” coupons, get customer feedback and get to know your fans. But no mater your approach, simple or over the top, time spent using social media sites is worth it.
If you are interested in using social media to build your business but do not have time to do it yourself, don’t despair. Using social media sites can take up a significant amount of time. If you don’t have time, or perhaps the personnel, to devote to social media, consider hiring someone to make Twitter posts, do Facebook comments and interact with site followers for you. Having someone whose primary responsibility is to interact with clients and potential clientele is a great way to make those you serve feel welcomed and wanted and can result in building a larger customer base as well.
Using social media is rapidly becoming a prime way to build your business. Have you made your mark on the social media scene? If not, it’s not too late! Do it yourself or contact Write Away Copywriting to do it for you.
A SEO content writing provider